Appetite is looking for casual Community Researchers
Feedback from our audiences and community is really important to us. We’re always keen to learn, grow and develop. We’re looking for people who want to help us gather this feedback at our events. Could this be you?
Appetite is committed to inclusive practice and would actively encourage applications from people underrepresented in our organisation; including those of Black African, Caribbean, Afro-Latinx and African-American heritage, including those of mixed-Black heritage. Those who identify as, (d)Deaf, disabled and/or neurodiverse.
Rate of pay: £15 per hour
Deadline to apply: 10am Friday 23 June 2023
We are looking for casual Community Researchers to:
- Approach a broad range of audiences and community members across our busy events programme to gather feedback through a provided survey. Surveys would be on paper or on a digital table device.
- Gather feedback from audiences and community members aged 16+. People attend events along or with others so you’ll need to feel confident approaching everyone.
- Have a friendly and professional manner and the ability to put people at ease
- Be an ambassador for Appetite
- Maintain the Market Research Society (MRS) Code of Conduct Remain. Including
Research is founded on the willing co-operation of people
Research must be conducted honestly, objectively and without
unwelcome intrusion/harm to people
The rights of respondents are paramount
- You will go on our Community Researcher casual list and will be offered paid work to undertake feedback at our events
- The work can be flexible so you can choose the number of events you say yes to. Typically an event day would see a shift of 4-6hrs.
- We’ll give you training, including on how to gather feedback and maintain MRS standards
- We’ll make sure you understand what Appetite is about so you can introduce our work and the purpose of the research
- We’ll provide you with everything you need, hard copy surveys or tablet, Appetite T-shirt and lanyard so people can identify you.
- Rate of pay is £15 per hour to be invoiced by you after the event
- You would be working on a self employed basis so will remain responsible for your own tax and national insurance contributions
How to apply:
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org responding to the questions below with either:
- Text (up to 400 words)
- Video clip (up to 4 minutes)
- Audio clip (up to 4 minutes)
- Tell us up to five relevant things that you have done in the past. (This could be a project you’ve worked or volunteers on, a role in an organisation or a particular learning experience you have had.)
- Why you would like this role? (How the responsibilities above meet your experience and interests)
- Why you think you will be good at this role? (How your experience and skills match with the role)
Deadline: 10am Friday 23 June 2023
Our Recruitment Process:
Upon receipt of your application we will send you an monitoring form to complete. This information is anonymous and optional and helps us to understand more about who is applying for roles with Appetite.
We will let you know the outcome of your application.
If you feel you have any barriers in applying, require additional support to apply, or have questions, please email email@example.com or call Heather on 07951357404.